Craving Buster TechniqueDublinHypno
Want to know how you can bust a cigarette craving there and then? By tapping into that clever part of your mind that rarely gets used? To actually feel the physical craving sensation leave your body, so you’re just left with a feeling of control and confidence?
It is very useful to you if you experience any cravings that you do not want to have.
Follow this simple 5 step Technique
If you have a craving:
- Recognise the craving and how you notice it in your body. Notice how tempted you are with the cigarette and allow yourself to genuinely feel that craving in your body. Get curious about it. Don’t fight it, just observe it without judgement. (the harder you try to push something away, the more it persists and gets stronger.
- Focus on whatever sense it is which makes you know you want a cigarette.
- NOW: As you notice that sensation, divide it in half. Then in half again.
- Keep dividing it in half until you drop through to what’s beyond that where you reach a clear state of mind.
- Feel the pride from doing this process and overcoming any cravings you may have.
If you have just quit, these craving supplements will also help you to breeze through the first week.
These are basically substitutions which last no longer than a week. There are several types of “supplements” you can use to help with the transition out of the physical addiction.
1. Glucose Tablets. These keep spiking their sugar levels. That little spike basically
maintains the ‘happy’ chemicals in their body, which can mask any pangs you may
NB: Do not use of you are diabetic and always stop taking them after 7 days!
2. Sipping Water. Sipping water is nice and healthy, and gives you something to do with your hands rather than smoking.
3. Lemon Juice. You can get small, squeezy bottles of highly concentrated lemon juice. When you have a craving, simply put a couple of drops of this on your tongue, and swish it round – it totally destroys the taste sensation many smokers get when they have a craving.
Alternatively dilute the lemon juice concentrate to the point where it is still very strong, put it in a hip flask, and take a swig when you need to.
4 Another method is to use unsweetened grapefruit juice for the same effect.